1. You are still just a kid. Don’t take life too seriously.
2. People will fail you. God never will.
3. Humble beats proud every. single. time.
4. Do not chase people, especially boys. If someone wants to be a part of your life, they will make an effort to do so.
5. You are what you do, not what you say you’re going to do.
6. Don’t be so quick to let go of someone from a hug. You never know how many more of those you’ll get.
7. Life is what you make it. School, your job, the daily routine. It can be amazing if you want it to be.
8. Some people are only supposed to be in your life for a season. Cherish the times you spent together but understand that some things are not supposed to last forever.
9. If you’re ever put into a position of power, never take it lightly. Use it as an opportunity to teach, lead, and listen.
10. Just smile at everybody. Chances are it’ll make their day better.
11. Life’s too short to be bitter and hold grudges.
12. Forgive others even if you don’t think they deserve it. We don’t deserve God’s perfect love and grace but He gives it anyway.
13. Read your Bible. Not just the popular verses. Actually pick a chapter and read it. I bet you’ll learn something new.
14. Have enough self-respect to dress modestly, eat healthy, and stand up for yourself.
15. There is no “one size fits all” plan for life. Get out there and explore. Try new things. Do not think you must know exactly what you want to do with your life just because you’re starting to near the end of high school. Make sure you are choosing your life, not settling for it.
16. I learned that I have absolutely nothing to fear or worry about. God is with me always. That is all I need.
Time to make this seventeenth year the best one yet!